DUBLIN, Ire.– Research and Markets has announced the addition of the “Global Airfreight Forwarding Market 2015-2019” report to their offering.
The report forecasts the global airfreight forwarding market to grow at a CAGR of 3.58% by volume over the period 2014-2019.
The airfreight industry is increasingly implementing e-freight programs. E-freight allows for the paperwork to take place out of cargo and replace it with electronic data exchange and messaging.
AWB, which is the most important document in the transportation of air cargo, are being issued electronically. They are issued by the carrier directly or through integrated forwarding agents, and include information about booking, current position of the shipment, and status of delivery.
According to the report, the International Air Transport Association (IATA) defines an object as perishable if its contents deteriorate over a period of exposure to extreme environmental conditions such as temperature and humidity. F&B items, pharmaceuticals, and drugs are packaged in temperature-controlled specialized containers when traveling over long distances.
Further, the report states that rapid increase in fuel prices pose a serious challenge for vendors in the market, due to which carriers start charging increased freight rates to forwarders.
Key questions answered in this report:
- What will the market size be in 2019 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the Key Market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?